The Journal of Russian Law chooses to publish materials that contain:
• study of the contemporary issues for different target audiences of the journal;
• critical review and synthesis of proposals for the development of legal regulation;
• compilation and analysis of empirical data obtained through research. This takes into account the relevance of the information on which the author relies;
• materials relating to previously unknown or undeveloped areas of lawmaking and law enforcement;
• constructive suggestions for improving legislation;
• new theoretical concepts that can stimulate further development of science.
Submitted work should be original, has not been published elsewhere and corresponding to subject-matter of the Journal of Russian Law. Materials, submitted concurrently to two or more publications, are not reviewed, and relations with author are terminated.
Number of symbols in text of article should be 20-30 thousand, including word-spacing and footnotes. Pages should be numbered. Typeface is Times New Roman. Line spacing is 1,5. Font size for main text is 14, for footnotes — 11. Footnotes should be numbered page-by page, numbering is consecutive.
Abbreviations and reductions should be expanded at their first usage in text, and legal instruments should contain the date of adoption, number and full official name. Source of publication of normative acts should not be specified. Specification of source of citation, factual and numeric data is mandatory.
Work should be submitted as a single file and comply with the following structure.
1. Metadata in Russian:
• heading of article;
• data on author (name and surname, current position, academic degree and rank);
• legal address of organization — current employer of author;
• abstract — structured abstract of 200 to 250 words (excluding prepositions, conjunctions, etc.), consisting of four paragraphs: setting of the problem; the goals and objectives of the study; methods; results, summary and conclusions;
• key words.
2. Metadata in English (the requirements are the same as the metadata in Russian).
3. The text of the article that contains the following mandatory elements:
• setting of the problem (question to which an answer is given in the article);
• review of scientific literature with an introduction to the problem;
• research part;
• system of evidence and scientific reasoning;
• the results of the study;
• scientific apparatus and bibliography. Bibliographic references are made according to GOST (State Standard) 7.0.5-2008). The list of references should only include works that are cited in the text and have been published.
Articles should be sent to an e-mail of the editorial office: firstname.lastname@example.org (own surname and the word "article" to be specified in the subject matter of the letter).
Failure to comply with the rules of article registration is the ground for refusal to accept for consideration.
The article which meets the requirements will be anonymous peer review by a specialist in the same field as the submitted manuscript. The deadline is in a month on average. The review will be sent to the authors’ email.
The editorial office composes the next issue of the Journal of Russian Law consist of the articles with the positive reviews, in accordance with the following approved by the chief editor of the headings:
• State and law in the modern world: problems of theory and history;
• Constitutional and municipal law;
• Civil and family law. Business law;
• Labor law and social security law;
• Land and environmental law;
• Criminal law and criminology;
• Procedural law;
• Administrative law. Financial law. Information law;
• International law;
• Judiciary, human rights and law enforcement;
• Legal life. Chronicle.
The Journal composed of the articles selected for publication is forwarded by the editorial office for approval by the editorial board. If someone of the of the members of the editorial board won’t be agree with reviewer's conclusions regarding the possibility of publication of the article the final decision on the matter shall make an editor in chief.
Article, approved to publication, is subject to edition and proof corrections. Alterations and reductions of manuscript of editorial character should not be approved by author. If actualization of manuscript or approval of conceptual editing is required author should be obliged to reply to the Editorial Staff in specified term.
In case of positive decision on possibility of article publication the Editorial Staff send author an e-mail to specified electronic address. Before signing a contract author shall have a right to revoke article by notifying the Editorial Staff via e-mail. Contracts should be send by simple letter to the postal address of the editorial office: 9A, Kolpachny lane, Moscow, Russia, 101000 (to specify – Legal Publishing House "Norma").
Peer-review and publication of articles is free of payments.